1. A refundable security deposit capped at no more than five weeks’ rent where the annual rent is less than £50,000 and no more than six weeks’ rent where the annual rent is £50,000 or more.
2. A capped fee of £50.00 on assignment, novation, variation of an agreement (including a change of sharer) or the reasonable costs incurred by the landlord/letting agent.
3. Payments incurred at the request by a tenant of an early termination of a tenancy agreement capped at the reasonable costs of the letting agent.
4. A default fee for the late payment of rent (after 14 days) capped at no more than an annual percentage rate of 3% above the Bank of England’s base for each day that the payment is outstanding.
5. A default fee for the actual costs of a lost key/security device to not exceed the reasonable costs of the landlord/letting agent.
Other permitted payments
Any other permitted payments, not included above, under the relevant legislation including contractual damages.
Trueman Letting Company is a member of Propertymark Client Money Protection, which is a client money protection scheme, and also a member of the Property Ombudsman, which is a redress scheme. You can find out more details on the agent’s website or by contacting the agent directly.